Texting is a great way to get to know someone. It’s easy, you can do it whenever you want, and there’s no pressure of face-to-face interaction (though don’t let that stop you from meeting up too).
Texting also lends itself to asking questions because it doesn’t require as much detail or elaboration as talking in person or over the phone.
If you want to learn more about your crush and have fun doing so, here are some great questions to ask a guy over text:
Getting to Know Him: What to Ask First
The best-case scenario is that your guy is looking to date someone interested in getting to know him. If that’s the case, you’ll probably want to ask a few questions about his life.
The easiest way to do this is by asking questions that relate directly to things he likes, such as:
- What’s your favorite color?
- What are three of your favorite foods and why?
- What’s the most exciting thing that has happened during one of your past dates (or nights out)?
Many more options are available if these questions don’t feel suitable for you or seem too personal. Pick something from this list that fits well with the tone of the conversation between the two of you:
- What’s your favorite movie? What kind of music do you like to listen to?
- Where do you want to go on vacation? What do you think is the essential thing in a relationship?
- If time and money were no object, what would be the first thing you would buy (or build)?
Open-Ended Questions for Conversation
Open-ended questions are a great way to keep a conversation going. They require more than a yes or no answer, so they encourage your partner to elaborate on their thoughts and feelings.
These types of questions not only encourage him to share his opinion and talk about specific instances and experiences, and he’ll feel good that he has so many stories to tell!
If you’re wondering what kinds of topics are appropriate for texting with someone new (and safe), here are some tips:
Avoid asking questions that can be answered with a simple yes or no (“Are we friends?”). While these make sense in person, they don’t fly over text because they require too much thought at inconvenient times. You’ll spend hours waiting for answers that could have been delivered quickly if asked face-to-face instead of via text message!
Don’t ask personal questions either; this is where things get tricky since there’s no hard rule for what constitutes as too personal over text messaging versus in-person interaction, but generally speaking, asking someone out on their first night together isn’t considered appropriate until after dating for a while (at least three months).
Questions to See if He’s a Good Fit
Now that you know how to get a guy’s attention over text and how to flirt with him, it’s time to start asking some questions.
- Do you want to know more about him?
- Do you want to see if he would fit your life well? If so, then these questions are right up your alley.
The key to getting a guy’s attention over text is to be flirty and have an open conversation with him.
This means you need to ask questions to get him talking and keep him interested in your life.
Questions like “What are you doing this weekend?” or “Do you have any plans tonight?” won’t cut it here.
Instead, ask questions about his hobbies, career goals, and passions.
Personal Questions to Ask a Guy over Text
Your guy might be a foodie, or he might be more of a homebody. You want to know where he fits in with the rest of his family, what he likes to do in his free time, and what kind of movies he’s into.
Familiarize yourself with these questions so you can ask them whenever you want. And if you’re looking for even more conversation starters, check out these 32 questions to ask your boyfriend over text!
- What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What’s your favorite music?
- What’s your favorite sport?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
- What’s your favorite memory?
- What’s your biggest accomplishment?
- What’s your biggest regret?
- What’s your biggest dream?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Do you have any children?
- Do you have any plans for the future?
- What’s a typical day in your life like?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What is your favorite movie or TV show?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What’s your favorite type of food?
- What’s your favorite way to relax after a long day?
- What are your future career or life goals?
- What is your biggest turn-on and turn-off in a partner?
Fun Questions to Ask and Put a Smile on His Face
First things first: if you want to put a smile on his face, this is your go-to section. Here are some fun questions to ask a guy over text that will make him laugh and brighten his day.
If you’re looking for something fun and light-hearted, these are the best questions to make him laugh. Whether it’s about pop culture or everyday life, these questions will make him laugh out loud!
The best way to get someone’s attention is by asking them a question they don’t know how to answer. This will make them think more about themselves, which makes them more attractive in return!
If you need some excellent icebreaker topics, check out these suggestions below:
Make sure he knows precisely what kind of person he can expect from this relationship with himself by asking these important questions now before either one of you gets too invested!
These topics include common dating dilemmas such as love languages (how people communicate affection), fighting styles (how couples argue), and breakup plans B through Z, but also include other aspects like physical attraction (what turns men off?) emotional intimacy level expectations; plus checklists so everything goes smoothly when getting into relationships after leaving high school/college/etc.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite joke?
- What’s the most adventurous food you’ve ever tried?
- If you could time travel to any period, where and when would you go?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- If you could live in any movie or TV show world, which would you choose?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled or had pulled on you?
- If you could be any animal for a day, which one would you choose?
- What’s your favorite dance move?
- If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- If you could learn any skill instantly, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite pickup line?
Deep questions to ask a guy over text.
- What is the purpose of life, in your opinion?
- What do you believe is the key to happiness?
- What’s your philosophy on relationships?
- What do you think is the meaning of love?
- What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in life so far?
- What’s your biggest challenge, and how did you overcome it?
- What do you believe happens after we die?
- What’s the most significant sacrifice you’ve made for someone or something you care about?
- What’s your definition of success, and how do you measure it?
- What do you believe is the meaning of existence?
- What’s the most considerable risk you’ve ever taken, and what did you learn?
- What do you think is the secret to a fulfilling life?
- What are your thoughts on spirituality and religion?
- How do you define true friendship?
- What is your definition of freedom?
Flirty questions to ask a guy over text.
If you are looking for flirty questions to ask a guy over text, you have come to the right place! These are some of our favorite flirty questions that will make him melt.
They’re surefire ways to keep the conversation going, making him want more from you. We hope this post will help you find something that works for both of you!
- “What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done for love?”
- “Do you believe in love at first sight, or do I need to walk by again?”
- “What do you look for in a girl?”
- “What’s the best pickup line someone has used on you?”
- “Do you have any secret talents that most people don’t know about?”
- “What’s your biggest turn-on?”
- “What’s the best compliment someone has ever given you?”
- “What’s your idea of the perfect date?”
- “What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for someone?”
- “What’s the best thing about being single?”
Questions to Challenge His Perspective
You’re both adults, so that you can feel your way through conversations. But not every guy you meet will have the same views on important issues as you, and it’s crucial to get a feel for where he stands on things like feminism or abortion.
It can be easy to miss this if you’re too busy flirting over text, so asking challenging questions is a great way to keep yourself grounded before meeting up in person.
Here are some examples:
- “What’s your opinion on the current political climate?”
- “Do you think it’s possible to eliminate poverty?”
- “What’s your take on a single world currency?”
- “How would you solve the issue of homelessness?”
- “What’s your perspective on the current state of education?”
- “How would you address the problem of income inequality?”
- “What’s your stance on climate change, and what can be done to mitigate it?”
- “How do you think we can create a more peaceful world?”
- “What’s your opinion on using technology in our daily lives?”
- “What’s your take on the current healthcare system and how it can be improved?”
- “Do you think having a strong national identity is important?”
- “How would you handle the refugee crisis?”
- “What’s your perspective on the death penalty?”
- “Do you believe it’s possible to eliminate all forms of discrimination?”
- “How do you think the world can become more sustainable regarding resources?”
Intimate Questions to Take It to the Next Level
You can do a few things to create an intimate mood over text. You can ask him what he likes to do in his spare time, what his favorite food is, and what his favorite movie is.
These questions might seem too tame for a first conversation, but they’re great for building rapport with someone because they give you insight into their interests and personality.
Ask him about his personal life (his friends and family) and how those relationships have shaped him. If anything else could be considered “intimate, “go ahead and ask it!
- “What are your biggest fears and insecurities?”
- “What’s your idea of a perfect future together?”
- “What’s your most cherished memory?”
- “What are your long-term goals and aspirations?”
- “What’s your biggest pet peeve in a relationship?”
- “How do you see us growing as a couple?”
- “What’s your biggest regret in life?”
- “What are your views on marriage and commitment?”
- “What’s your idea of a perfect date?”
- “What’s the most meaningful gift someone has ever given you?”
- “What’s your idea of a perfect vacation together?”
- “What’s the most important thing you’re looking for in a partner?”
- “What’s your take on open relationships and communication in a relationship?”
- “What’s your love language, and what makes you feel loved and appreciated?”
- “What are your views on family and having children?”
All these questions will help build a better understanding between both parties involved in the conversation, so don’t hold back!
Why texting is a great way to get to know someone
You don’t have to be in a relationship with someone to text them, but it’s also an excellent way to get closer. It can take time (especially if you’ve just met), but texting is one of the best ways to get close to someone and build trust over time.
You can ask questions and learn about each other without having to do it in person! If you live far away from each other, texting helps even more because it means that talking on the phone isn’t necessary for every conversation.
And finally, if your schedule isn’t always very flexible or something comes up unexpectedly (like work), texting is an option!
Since we’re talking about getting closer here, let me show you some things that might help:
How do you keep a guy interested while texting him?
If you want to keep a guy interested while texting him, here are some things to remember:
And remember: texting is not a substitute for actually talking in person! If something important is going on in his life that he wants your advice on, ask him for coffee so you can talk about it face-to-face instead of trying to guess what he’s thinking just by reading through his texts.
Tips for texting a guy
When texting a guy, keeping things casual and fun is essential. Don’t try to be someone you’re not. The more comfortable you are, the more likely he’ll be interested in getting to know you better.
Try not to overthink what he says or how often he texts back as long as your conversations flow well. Asking open-ended questions will help spark his imagination and get him thinking about what matters most to him right now.
Flirting can be intimidating if you don’t know where the line between friendly banter and unwanted sexual advances lies, but flirting doesn’t always have to be overtly sexual!
Texting can be a great way to get to know him better, but it can also be tricky if you don’t ask the right questions.
This guide will help you develop fun and flirty questions, challenge his perspective and take things to the next level.
We hope this has given you some ideas on how best to text your crush or potential partner!